Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Reader

I look out the cage as the timer goes off and another three minutes of me working my ass off. I take 30 seconds of a short breather. I’m Keisuke Mizuno, and I’m ready for this next round of Mixed Martial Arts with my new partner. This is what I want to do when I grow up. I’m here even though I have a paper to write. I’ve always hated everything about English mainly the grammar. The only thing I really hate more than English is math. What type of Asian can’t do math? I’m only 16 years old, and the reason I’m at college right now is that I dislike everyone my age. I also never got along with high school teachers. My writing isn’t perfect, but I try the best I can. I don’t want to go to any college besides Evergreen when I get older.

I have the worst time organizing my thoughts about my papers. I have horrible grammar, but thanks to the red and green lines in Microsoft Word I can figure it out most of the time. The skills that have grown the most for me as a writer are grammar. One of my strong suits is that I can describe things well. That has always been a strength for me. I have grown as a writer in my grammar a lot. I’ve always had an easier time with organizing my thoughts, but with this class I have made everything more fluid sounding. Before this class, my writing was very clunky. After this class, I hate English just a little bit less.

The pieces I have chosen are because I believe them to be my best works. I have my descriptive paragraph which is about my trip to Orcus, my journal about describing about how a car was messy, my effective writing piece on how to lose weight, and finally, I chose a journal on the importance of education. I hope you like my pieces, because I put a lot of work in them.

1 comment: